Admissions – Enrollment Information
Interested in a tour? Reach out!
October 2023 our 2024-2025 lottery application will open for Anser Charter School. The applications will close in February 2024.
Every student who applies by the closure date will be entered into the lottery. Applications will be drawn in random order, according to priority groups:
- First Priority – children of founders and full-time employees
- Second Priority – siblings of students already enrolled or selected by the lottery
- Third Priority – students who reside within the Boise School District boundary
- Fourth Priority – students who reside outside of the Boise School District boundary
Anser is now using weights on lottery applications with hopes of making admission more equitable. Applicants who mark they are an English Language Learner, experience economic disadvantage, experience homelessness or are in the foster care system, will get four entries into our lottery rather than one. We hope this can help increase the likelihood of admission for students experiencing these circumstances and create an even more supportive Anser community. If you have any questions regarding how the weighted lottery works, please email email@example.com.
Due to continual changes to the waitlist, only the original lottery list will be published. Please allow two weeks or more to receive an enrollment offer. After mid-March, feel free to contact the school to check your status on the waitlist by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Over the next few weeks, offers of enrollment will be made according to the number of openings in a particular grade level. For example, we have 36 openings in Kindergarten this year. The first offers go to founders and full-time employees, then siblings of enrolled students, then students who live within Boise School District boundaries, until all slots are full. If any openings remain, offers will then be made to students residing outside of the Boise School District boundary.
Offers of enrollment are made via text, phone, and email, and must be accepted within 48 hours of contact. If no response is received, that student’s name will be moved to the bottom of the waitlist.
If a student accepts an offer of enrollment, their siblings will be moved to the bottom of the sibling waitlist, based on the date and time of the accepted offer.
When an offer is accepted, enrollment paperwork will be sent to parents/guardians. Completion and return of paperwork is necessary to hold the spot. Anser’s registrar will then request transfer records from previous schools.
For students on the waitlist, enrollment offers can come at any time before or during the next school year. The waitlist is good for the 2022-2023 school year only. To apply for the waitlist for the current school year, please use this link.
Anser Charter School is a K-8 public charter school open to any student regardless of race, color, national
or ethnic origin, religious affiliation, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, social or economic status,
and/or special needs. All enrolled students regardless of background are afforded the same rights,
privileges, programs, and activities available to all students.
Each year Anser has a limited number of openings for new students. We hold an annual lottery where names are randomly drawn, then placed in order on a waiting list. Anser’s annual lottery is held on the third Thursday of February at 1:00 pm and is for students entering kindergarten through 8th grade next fall. We strongly encourage you to complete the application online. Online applications submitted will receive confirmation. Other applications will not.
Hear From Anser Students...
Admissions – Lottery Process in English
All potential students wishing to enroll in Anser Charter School must complete a lottery application. Applications can be completed using the online application form. Applications can also be mailed to the address provided on the application or dropped off in person at the school. Applications must be received by Anser Charter School on or before 1:00pm on the Tuesday before the lottery date. The lottery is held the third Thursday in February. Applications received after the deadline will be added to the bottom of the final selection list for the appropriate grade.
If the capacity of the school is insufficient to enroll all prospective students, a lottery shall be utilized to determine which prospective students will be admitted to Anser. Anser Charter School will follow Idaho Code Section 33-506. Prospective students will be placed in priority groups as follows:
- First Priority – The first priority group of Anser Charter School will include the children of full-time employees, children of the Founders (provided that this admission preference shall be limited to not more than ten percent (10%) of the capacity of Anser Charter School
- Second Priority – The second priority group is siblings of pupils already enrolled or selected by the lottery
- Third Priority – The third priority group is students who reside within the Boise School District
- Fourth Priority – The fourth priority group includes students who reside outside of the Boise School District
Offers of enrollment may be made via e-mail, telephone or residential mail. Acceptance must be made within 48 hours of when the offer is made. If no response is received within 48 hours, the child’s name will be moved to the bottom of the waiting list. This timeline may be shortened to 24 hours between August 15 and September 15.
La Entrada – Solicitud de Lotería en Español
Todos los estudiantes potenciales que deseen inscribirse en la escuela chárter de Anser deben completar una solicitud de lotería. Aplicaciones pueden cumplimentarse el formulario de solicitud en línea. Aplicaciones también pueden ser enviadas a la dirección en la solicitud o a la escuela. Las solicitudes deben ser recibidas por la escuela autónoma Anser en o antes de 48 horas antes del tercer jueves del mes de febrero, 1:00 pm. El sorteo se celebra el tercer jueves de febrero. Solicitudes recibidas después de la fecha límite se añadirá a la parte inferior de la lista de selección final para el grado correspondiente.
Si no es suficiente para inscribir a los postulantes la capacidad de la escuela, se utilizarán una lotería para determinar qué postulantes serán admitidos a Anser. La escuela chárter de Anser seguirá Idaho código sección 33-506. Los estudiantes se colocarán en grupos prioritarios como sigue:
- Primera Prioridad – El primer grupo de prioridad de la escuela Charter de Anser incluye los hijos de empleados de tiempo completo, los hijos de los fundadores (siempre que esta preferencia de admisión se limitará a no más del diez por ciento (10%) de la capacidad de la escuela Charter de Anser
- Segunda Prioridady – El segundo grupo de prioridad es hermanos de alumnos ya matriculados o seleccionada por la lotería de
- Tercera Prioridad – El tercer grupo de prioridad es de los estudiantes que residen en el distrito escolar de Boise
- Cuarta Prioridad – La cuarta prioridad Grupo incluye a los estudiantes que residen fuera del distrito escolar de Boise
Ofertas de inscripción pueden hacerse vía e-mail, teléfono o correo electrónico residencial. Aceptación debe hacerse dentro de 48 horas cuando se hace la oferta o de la fecha. Si se recibe ninguna respuesta dentro de 48 horas, el nombre del niño se moverá a la parte inferior de la lista de espera. Esta línea de tiempo puede reducirse a 24 horas entre el 15 de agosto y el 15 de septiembre.