On Thursday, Feb. 20th the annual lottery was held for Anser Charter School. The Idaho Legislature established the lottery process for charter school admission through Idaho Code Statute 33-5206. All Idaho charter schools must follow the same transparent lottery process.
Every student who applied by 1 PM on Feb 18th was entered into the lottery. Applications received after this date will be added to the bottom of the wait list, according to priority groups:
- First Priority – children of founders and full-time employees
- Second Priority – siblings of students already enrolled or selected by the lottery
- Third Priority – students who reside within the Boise School District boundary
- Fourth Priority – students who reside outside of the Boise School District boundary
For the 2020-2021 lottery, the grade level draw order was: 4, 7, 8, 5, 2, 6, K, 3, 1. Using that order, each grade level applicants were sorted by priority group and a drawn at random. The results are posted here and on our front door. Due to continual changes to the wait list, only the original lottery list will be published.
Please allow two weeks or more to receive an enrollment offer via phone and email. After mid-March, feel free to contact the school to check your status on the wait list.
Over the next few weeks, offers of enrollment will be made according to the number of openings in a particular grade level. For example, we have 36 openings in Kindergarten this year. The first offers go to founders and full time employees, then siblings of enrolled students, then students who live within Boise School District boundaries, until all slots are full. If any openings remain, offers will then be made to students residing outside of Boise School District boundary.
Offers of enrollment are made via phone and email, and must be accepted within 48 hours of contact. If no response is received, that student’s name will be moved to the bottom of the wait list.
If a student accepts an offer of enrollment, their siblings will be moved to the bottom of the sibling wait list, based on the date and time of the accepted offer.
When an offer is accepted, enrollment paperwork will be sent to parents/guardians. Completion and return of paperwork is necessary to hold the spot. Anser’s registrar will then request transfer records from previous schools.
For students currently on the wait list, enrollment offers can come at any time before or during the next school year. The wait list is good for the 2020-2021 school year only. New lottery applications will need to be completed for the 2021-2022 school year.
Anser is a public charter school open to any student regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, social or economic status and/or special needs. Each year Anser has a limited number of openings for new students. We hold an annual lottery where names are randomly drawn, then placed in order on a waiting list. Anser’s annual lottery is held on the third Thursday of February at 1:00pm and is for students entering kindergarten through 8th grade. We strongly encourage you to complete the application online. Online applications submitted will receive a confirmation. Other applications will not.
If you apply after the lottery has been completed, please use this link or the printable lottery application and submit by mail or in person. Click here for a printable lottery application in English or en Español haga clic aquí.
Hear From Anser Students...
Admissions – Lottery Process in English
All potential students wishing to enroll in Anser Charter School must complete a lottery application. Applications can be completed using the online application form. Applications can also be mailed to the address provided on the application or dropped off in person at the school. Applications must be received by Anser Charter School on or before 1:00pm on the Tuesday before the lottery date. The lottery is held the third Thursday in February. Applications received after the deadline will be added to the bottom of the final selection list for the appropriate grade.
If the capacity of the school is insufficient to enroll all prospective students, a lottery shall be utilized to determine which prospective students will be admitted to Anser. Anser Charter School will follow Idaho Code Section 33-506. Prospective students will be placed in priority groups as follows:
- First Priority – The first priority group of Anser Charter School will include the children of full-time employees, children of the Founders (provided that this admission preference shall be limited to not more than ten percent (10%) of the capacity of Anser Charter School
- Second Priority – The second priority group is siblings of pupils already enrolled or selected by the lottery
- Third Priority – The third priority group is students who reside within the Boise School District
- Fourth Priority – The fourth priority group includes students who reside outside of the Boise School District
Offers of enrollment may be made via e-mail, telephone or residential mail. Acceptance must be made within 48 hours of when the offer is made. If no response is received within 48 hours, the child’s name will be moved to the bottom of the waiting list. This timeline may be shortened to 24 hours between August 15 and September 15.
La Entrada – Solicitud de Lotería en Español
Todos los estudiantes potenciales que deseen inscribirse en la escuela chárter de Anser deben completar una solicitud de lotería. Aplicaciones pueden cumplimentarse el formulario de solicitud en línea. Aplicaciones también pueden ser enviadas a la dirección en la solicitud o a la escuela. Las solicitudes deben ser recibidas por la escuela autónoma Anser en o antes de 48 horas antes del tercer jueves del mes de febrero, 1:00 pm. El sorteo se celebra el tercer jueves de febrero. Solicitudes recibidas después de la fecha límite se añadirá a la parte inferior de la lista de selección final para el grado correspondiente.
Si no es suficiente para inscribir a los postulantes la capacidad de la escuela, se utilizarán una lotería para determinar qué postulantes serán admitidos a Anser. La escuela chárter de Anser seguirá Idaho código sección 33-506. Los estudiantes se colocarán en grupos prioritarios como sigue:
- Primera Prioridad – El primer grupo de prioridad de la escuela Charter de Anser incluye los hijos de empleados de tiempo completo, los hijos de los fundadores (siempre que esta preferencia de admisión se limitará a no más del diez por ciento (10%) de la capacidad de la escuela Charter de Anser
- Segunda Prioridady – El segundo grupo de prioridad es hermanos de alumnos ya matriculados o seleccionada por la lotería de
- Tercera Prioridad – El tercer grupo de prioridad es de los estudiantes que residen en el distrito escolar de Boise
- Cuarta Prioridad – La cuarta prioridad Grupo incluye a los estudiantes que residen fuera del distrito escolar de Boise
Ofertas de inscripción pueden hacerse vía e-mail, teléfono o correo electrónico residencial. Aceptación debe hacerse dentro de 48 horas cuando se hace la oferta o de la fecha. Si se recibe ninguna respuesta dentro de 48 horas, el nombre del niño se moverá a la parte inferior de la lista de espera. Esta línea de tiempo puede reducirse a 24 horas entre el 15 de agosto y el 15 de septiembre.