Family Council provides parent input into school policies and development. Conducts activities for parent education and school involvement and links families to activities and volunteer opportunities within the Anser community. Also, provides an impartial voice to staff and the Community Board on issues or concerns parents bring to them. Ten members are elected by and from the Anser community each year and fill two-year terms. Family Council is a great vehicle to become involved. They meet on the first Wednesday of every month.
- Spring Auction- Each year parent volunteers co-chair the Spring Auction, the school’s biggest fundraiser. They rely on parent volunteers to perform the many tasks that need to be completed to make the auction a success.
- Community Builders – Helps new families feel welcome and contributes to staff morale. This group is involved in coordinating the communication of ideas and events at Anser. This is a subcommittee of Family Council.
- Junior High Grade Electives – Meets on a regular basis to facilitate safe and appropriate opportunities for our students.
- Library- Volunteers meet regularly to keep the library books in order, manage the annual Book Fair, order and maintain books and supervise the library for classroom visits.
- Volunteer – Coordinates many of the volunteer opportunities at the school. One major duty is to identify classroom coordinators who promote parent participation in classroom events and assist teachers as needed.
There is nothing here (yet).